Sunday, April 14, 2013

In it for the Long Haul


As I sit here in my cozy upstairs nook on this snowy (yes snowy) April day in Minnesota, I refuse to be uninspired.

I want to wish time away, to fast forward to 65 and sunny with the windows open. I have to check myself. Wishing time away is like throwing away a perfectly good thing just because you feel you have no use for it anymore.

I call bullshit on this.

I have adopted a new attitude. The idea of reinventing and giving new life to things once thought old and used up.

This all began with perusing every thrift store, junk market, and estate sale in town in search of unloved goods looking for new homes: forever homes.

Like a lost puppy in the rain I stumbled upon a sad little 1960’s Radio Line wheelbarrow with chippy paint and a squeaky wheel.  Something about this little guy said “ I’m not done hauling dirt, yet”. 




“ I’m in it for the long haul”.
And, with that I signed the papers and took him home.

Once considered broken down junk, this happy apple green wheelbarrow is now suitable for toting rocks, dirt, and of course the family doxie.

This little wheelbarrow has been a jumping off point for many more and bigger projects. As I speak items once sent to the attic are being dusted off and restored to their original luster.

Let the hunt continue...

1 comment: